The CAVEAT Final Report: A goodbye and summation of CAVEAT's work and achievements
The CAVEAT Youth Council will strive to promote effective communication and problem solving in
keeping with the CAVEAT mission statement and
to foster initiatives in violence prevention among youth, in particular, pertaining to youth issues
and concerns in our community.
As CAVEAT Canada continues to grow and expand its work onto the national stage, so too, must the
CAVEAT Youth Council be strategically prepared to enter this level of community interaction.
Local Action Group
The purpose of a local action group is to do the following:
- To organize students within a school under the advice of an adult with the goal of
taking on one major anti-violence initiative, under the mandate of education and awareness
per school year. This may include a workshop, fund raiser, information distribution
system (i.e. bulletin board), speaker, conference, forum, networking session, ...)
- To support CAVEAT's initiatives at the grass-roots level.
The purpose of the regional council is to do the following:
- To coordinate CYAGs in the community with the goal of taking on one major anti-violence
initiative, under the mandate of education and awareness per school year. This may include
a workshop, fund raiser, information distribution system (i.e. bulletin board), speaker,
conference, forum, networking session, ...) for the community. Strong consideration should
be given to working in partnership with community agencies. (i.e. if the event is a sexual
assault awareness campaign, then perhaps a representative from the local Sexual Assault
Centre should sit on the planning committee)
- To support CAVEAT's and the Provincial Executive Council's initiatives at the grass-roots
- Communicate with provincial executive in order to promote information sharing, networking,
and to reduce duplication.
- The Regional Council operates on a school year term; beginning in September and ending in
June of the following year.
Provincial Executive Council
The purpose of the provincial executive council is to do the following:
- Facilitating information sharing with the Regional Councils, CYAGs, and the Youth
Membership is the prime directive of the Provincial Executive Council.
- To provide a 'sounding board' for the provincial office on CAVEAT issues and/or
initiatives. Ideally, the Provincial Executive Council would be made up of a fair
geographical representation (from the various Regional Councils).
- To ensure communication between the CAVEAT Provincial Board of Directors and the Youth
- Since the Provincial Executive Council operates following the executive system
(President, Vice-President, etc.), it is the President's responsibility to represent the
Youth Membership on the Board of Directors. (with a vote) Please see the 'Terms of
Reference' for further details on responsibilities and procedures for the Provincial
- To assist in the organization of an annual Provincial Conference for CAVEAT Youth.
This conference would showcase effective violence prevention initiatives, provide
inspiration and motivation to the Youth Membership, and may 'spot-light' a certain aspect
of the CYC mandate each year.
Please follow this link to see some of our past
copyright © 2000 - CAVEAT
last updated: 08.28.2000 - 11:23:40 EST